It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and San Diego’s world famous theme parks are gearing up for the holidays. Today, I am presenting a round up of all of the holiday celebration happenings at SeaWorld San Diego, LEGOLAND California, the San Diego Zoo, and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
There will be plenty of chances to see the amusement parks decorated for the holidays, visit with Santa and enjoy the holidays in a way you can only do in Southern California!
San Diego Zoo
Jungle Bells, the San Diego Zoo’s annual holiday celebration will take place from December 13, 2019 to January 5, 2020. Jungle Bells will feature musical performances, entertainers and animal encounters in locations around the Zoo, as well as holiday treats and dining, gift shopping and holiday photo opportunities. Visits with Santa will take place until December 25.
New this year, is Aurora, a magical and spectcular experience with lights, projections, music and more, which will take place every evening, except December 24.
San Diego Zoo Safari Park
Wild Holidays at the Park runs on select days from November 29, 2019 to January 5, 2020. The scheduled days are:
- November 29 to December 1
- December 7-8, 14-15 and 20-23
- December 26 – January 5
From 4 to 8 pm the San Diego Zoo Safari Park is transformed into a winter wonderland where park guests can enjoy stilt walkers, acrobats, a shadow puppet theatre and black light show. There will be live music and holiday food specials and visitors can meet Santa, costumed characters and animal ambassadors.
The Safari Park will also be hosting two special events for an additional charge:
- Breakfast with Santa – Saturday, December 7 and Sunday, December 8: 9 AM to 10:30 AM
- Enjoy a breakfast buffet at Kilima Point with jolly ole Santa Claus.
- $32.95 for adults; $19.95 for children ages 3 to 11
- Wild Holidays Express – Saturdays, December 7 and December 14: 5 to 8 PM
- Meet animal ambassadors up close and enjoy special holiday activities including hot cocoa by the fire, cookie decorating, and making holiday gifts for your favorite animals. Enjoy a storytelling session with Shari Lyon, author of Paws, Hoofs, and Wings: Animal Heroes of the San Diego Zoo, followed by a delicious “breakfast for dinner.” Then, embark on a decked-out holiday Africa Tram for a special nighttime song and story tour!
- $64.95 per person for adults, $44.95 per person for children ages 3 to 11
SeaWorld San Diego
SeaWorld San Diego’s Christmas Celebration runs from November 23, 2019 to January 5, 2020. Along with some old favorites, this year’s celebration will include plenty of new attractions including:
- Cirque Christmas – See the Nutcracker come to life with acrobatic displays from NextGen of Cirque Du Soleil. (Note – Cirque Christmas will only be performed Wednesday – Monday).
- Winter Wonderland on Ice – Enjoy Christmas songs and beautiful choreography with this magical ice skating show. (Note – Winter Wonderland on Ice will only be performed Tuesday – Sunday).
- Sesame Street Christmas Village – Experience the twinkling lights on Sesame Street, snow fall, dancing with your favorite furry friends and story time with Mrs. Claus.
- Dolphin Island Christmas – Celebrate the Christmas season Island-style with dolphins and pilot whales in this tropical holiday show.
- Christmas Light Tunnel – Walk inside the new 140-foot tunnel of lights that dance to Christmas music.
Plus, seasonal favorites will be returning this year, such as Clyde and Seamore’s Christmas Special, featuring the beloved sea lions, meet Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer and friends while watching the 40-foot Christmas tree light up nightly.
Holidays at LEGOLAND runs from November 23 to December 31, 2019, and the entire resort will be decked out in festive decor to celebrate the season.
Along with favorite holiday characters like Santa Claus and the Toy Soldier, this year LEGOLAND is welcoming The Gingerbread Man for hugs and photographs!
Fun Town will host a 30-foot, LEGO Christmas tree with over 400 LEGO ornaments. The tree will twinkle to holidays songs during the Holiday Light Show.
Plus, LEGOLAND has an all-new seasonal show called Santa’s Top Elf. At night, The Yule Tides will serenade guests with merry music.
For guests attending Kids’ New Year’s Eve, there will be kids’ bands, party favors and a giant brick drop at 6 pm to ring in the new year!