A Week in the Life of a SAHM with Twins

Rather than doing the usual “Day in the Life of” post, I thought I would share with you a typical week in my life, as a stay-at-home mom of twin boys. Every single week is different, so a typical week is just like this in that every day and every week changes. Hope you enjoy a glimpse of our week!


Get the kids up, dressed, fed and settled in for playtime. I eat breakfast and get dressed. I have an appointment with my primary doctor this morning and will have to take the kids with me since we don’t have childcare this day.

Get out the door and make it on time for my appointment! Win!

I decided to play things by ear today, since you never know how long an appointment will last or how long you’ll have to wait. The appointment was surprisingly fast and we had some time before the boys’ second nap. Luckily, I packed their lunch so I decide to head over to the library for storytime. I get us parked and load up the kids, and they have their lunch outside of the library. Lucky for us, we live in a place where we can eat outside all year round!

This was our first time attending this storytime, and the twins loved it! I also loved it because it combined stories with singing and baby sign language.


We head home and the boys have their snack. Then it is time for their nap! I finally get to eat my lunch and take care of a few things while they are sleeping. After their nap, they get a snack and play until their nanny comes.

While the nanny is here, I take the doggie for a walk and prepare dinner. She oversees their playtime, dinner, gets them ready for bed and down for the night. After dinner, I have a few hours to prepare for tomorrow and the rest of the week, as well as work on tweets and planning posts.


In the morning, we headed to the park for a playgroup and started Easter footprint crafts with the twins. The playgroup organizer took them home to finish for us to pick up later in the week.

Inked2018-03-20 11.01.54_LI

We headed home for naptime and lunch. Both of our nannies came over today, so I was able to head to the gym, make a Target run and do grocery shopping for the week.


We had a bit of a whirlwind morning. First, we met up with daddy to tour a preschool. San Diego preschools are pretty competitive as far as enrollment goes, so we are trying to nail down a preschool in the next couple of months. This is the third preschool I have looked at so far.

After the tour, we said bye to daddy and went to pick up our completed Easter crafts. They turned out so cute!

Inked2018-04-01 12.42.46_LI

Next, we headed to Del Mar Plaza to see a Hullabaloo concert. The boys had a lot of fun! They stayed in their stroller the whole time but were listening to the music, playing with the scarves and shakers.


2018-03-21 11.15.58

2018-03-21 11.20.23

Our evening nanny is on vacation for the next two weeks, so hubby came home early to help get the little guys into bed. I still managed to cook dinner and do a few things around the house before the day was done.


I was planning to attend a coffee meet up this morning, but the twins were napping so well that I did not want to wake them. Instead, we stayed home for the day. The weather has been slightly icky for the last few days and I had to bring out the rain cover for the stroller so that we could go on a walk with Gus.

2018-03-22 11.18.28

The other nanny came over for the afternoon and the twins met with their new physical therapist for the first time. While the nanny was here, I packed for our trip to Los Angeles to visit my parents! Traveling with twins is like moving! So much stuff!

I did not feel like cooking so we ordered burgers from Monster Crafts Food Truck.

2018-03-22 17.43.31

After the kiddos went to bed, I spent some time loving on Gus because he wasn’t going to be joining us on our excursion.



The nanny came over for a few hours. She took care of the littlest one, while I took big brother to the doctor. When I got home, I rushed around to pack up the car and get everything ready to leave for LA.


Despite my best efforts, I managed to forget to bring the Pack N Play! Ugh! So little brother did not have a place to sleep, but we managed to make it work.

It took half an hour longer to get to my parents’ house, but we made it. Darn you, Friday afternoon traffic! Then it was time to unpack! We stayed in that evening and enjoyed some of my mom’s homecooking.


My parents volunteered to watch the twins most of the day, so I had some time for myself. In the morning, I headed to Shine Studio in Redondo Beach for a POUND Fitness class.

2018-03-24 09.54.55

The class was so fun! It is a high energy cardio class, but you do all of the moves using drumstick-like instruments called RIPSTIX. So fun, and stress-releasing because you get to literally pound on the floor!

After class, I went home to shower and then headed out again. I drove to La Brea to meet two friends for brunch and Odys + Penelope.


We ordered a selection of items to share, and everything was delicious!


We got the prawns and cauliflower grits, doughnut holes, ricotta corn pancakes, chicken adobo fried rice and sweet potato galette. My favs were the fried rice and pancakes! YUM!

2018-03-24 13.25.50

We were having such fun talking that before we knew it, it had been two hours. I had to bounce because I had to drive all the way to Santa Monica. I’m not kidding. I spent about 2.5 hours driving that day.

I had my first experience with cryotherapy at CryoZone in Santa Monica, which I booked through classpass. I also booked the POUND class this morning through classpass.

I wound up being 10 minutes late to my appointment, but they still let me keep it. Whoops and thank goodness!

I have been having a lot of soreness and pain in my back, so I thought I would give cryotherapy a try. I first heard about cryotherapy from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. LOL!

The whole experience was interesting. Basically, I got undressed and put on two layers of mittens, socks and warm boots and climbed into the machine. Once I was inside, I rang a doorbell and the therapist came back in the room and started my treatment. The whole thing lasts for 3 minutes and she talked to me the whole time, which helped it go by faster. It was actually hard to focus on what she was saying because I was busy focusing on how I felt – COLD and uncomfortable!

2018-03-24 15.28.51

Cryotherapy claims to reduce inflammation, boost metabolism and ease pain. I don’t know about the first two, but my back did feel better afterwards, but that only lasted until I had to care for my boys again!

After my treatment, it was back on the rode. It took me an hour to get home! Ugh!

I spent the rest of the day hanging out with my boys and nephew. My mom was watching him while my brother and sister-in-law attending a wedding.


We headed to Del Amo Fashion Center for lunch at Din Tai Fung before the crowds arrived. I love DTF but never feels 100% satisfied after eating there.




After lunch, we did some shopping and stalked the Easter bunny before heading home for the boys’ naptime.


Well, that’s a quick glimpse at a week in our lives! Every day is different and hectic and fun, and I would not have it any other way. I’ll post a “Day in the Life” breakdown at some point in the future.




Leave a Reply